PiPo W4S Windows and Android partition resize instructions
PiPo W4S: How to shrink windows partition and make more room for android?
Im not responsible for any data loss, of device brick.
Charge tablet to min 80%.
Boot into Windows 8.1 and:
1. Connect keyboard and mouse to tablet (you can use USB hub, bluetooth or only USB keyboard/mouse if you dont have HUB)
2. Install Paragon partition manager http://www.paragon-software.com/home/pm-personal/eshop.html
[ Paragon cant resize android ext4 partition, because it cointains some errors and must be fixed before we can resize partition. We cant do it under Android when system is booted, we dont have custom android recovery to do it from there, also we not yet have (or i cant access it) BIOS to change boot order to boot from GParted USB and manage partitions ]
3. Install VMware Workstation 10/11 (32bit) http://www.vmware.com/products/workstation
4. Download GParted Live CD ISO (i586 version) http://gparted.org/download.php
5. Run VMware, create new virtual pc, configure it:
- use 512-736MB RAM
- add hard disk: using PhysicalDrive and select android partition from partition list. For Android it will be Partition number 14 (Basic Data, ~4.7GB capacity).
- add CD/DVD and use downloaded GParted Live CD ISO
- save configuration
6. Run that virtual pc, GParted will boot, confirm what it asks (with connected keyboard)
7. When GParted starts, select that android 4.7GB partition, select check partition.
8. When done, turn off virtual pc, close VMware.
9. Run Paragon partition manager, select standard/advanced view (if it shows windows 8 tile interface), wait it to load
10. Youll see partition list, at the end of it:
- Local Disk Linux Ext4 ~4.7GB [No label]
- Local Disk Not Formated 128MB Microsoft reserved partition
- Windows (C:) NTFS ~50GB Windows
- Images NTFS (OEM) 5.4GB
11. Resize and move partition to the end of space ‘Windows (C:) NTFS ~50GB Windows‘ (decide on new size).
12. Delete ‘Local Disk Not Formated 128MB Microsoft reserved partition‘
13. Click Apply changes, wait, reboot Windows if needed.
14. Run Paragon partition manager again, confirm that you have unalocated free space after Android 4.7GB partition
15. Select Android 4.7GB Ext4 partition and resize it to new available size.
13. Click Apply changes, wait, reboot if needed.
14. Reboot into Android, confirm new storage size, profit.
PiPo W4S root and google services install: